This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Please see my disclosure.
Hiking is fun, but is it funny? Sure! Taking photos is possibly the best way to conserve these memories and these funny hiking quotes for Instagram will make the perfect clever captions when you share them!
There are so many amazing hiking trails and outdoor locations to explore and you’ll find a ton of inspirational hiking quotes out there. We love John Muir, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Henry David Thoreau and their poetic musings on nature, but sometimes you just need something witty to say.
Funny Hiking Quotes for Instagram Captions
These are the best funny hiking captions for Instagram we could find. Which one will you use on your next hike?
- Hiking hair, don’t care
- DEET is nature’s cologne
- May the forest be with you
- This difficult road better lead to a beautiful place
- Gotta keep hiking, come hill or high water
- Why is it that it is only after reaching the top that I realize I have to hike back down?
- Hoping this trail leads somewhere
- I think if I stop I’ll never start again
- Hike more, worry less
- There’s no such thing as ‘too much fresh air’
- These boots were made for hikin’
- Speechless (and breathless!)
- About halfway to somewhere
- It’s all fun and games until you hear a twig snap behind you.
- Netflix and chill? More like trail mix and hill.
These hiking puns make some of the best hiking captions.
- I went for a hike, now I feel oak-ay
- Getting to the top of the hill was such a re-leaf
- I just wanna kick it in the woods with my birches
- Hiking is a hill of a lot of fun
- Hiking is all the range
- Woke up feeling pine
- These views are beautiful as far as the eye canyon see
- Mountains aren’t just funny. They’re hill-areas
- Wood you like to go for a hike with me?
- This hike really peaked my interest
- See those rocks? Don’t take ’em all for granite
- Needed a change of altitude
- I think I’ve peaked!
- The hill looked hard at first, but I got over it.
Funny Captions About Hiking
- I’m not lost. I’m exploring.
- Starting with baby steps
- It’s just a hill. Walk over it.
- Walk more, live longer.
- Walking in sunshine
- Barefoot. Mindful. Open. Connecting with the earth.
- Be a solitary walker: walk alone, talk to yourself, and sometimes sing
- Life is a journey. And I’m walking every step of the way.
- Walking fast enough to make my own breeze
- Walking makes it easy to forget to check your phone
- I find walks cheaper than therapy
- Think outside. No box required.
Funny Hiking Quotes for Instagram – Authors Unknown
- “Sticking to the backcountry rivers, because they’re less mainstream.”
- “Let’s wander where the WiFi is weak.”
- “They told me to ‘take a hike’. So I did.”
- “Always taking the scenic route.”
- “The view up here is breathtaking, and I know it’s all downhill from here.”
- “I don’t get it. The trail looked so flat on the map.”
- “Camping is not a date; its an endurance test. If you can survive camping with someone, you should marry them on the way home.”
- “Hiking side effects include sweating, euphoria and general awesomeness.”
- “Sleeping bags are the most soft tacos of the bear’s world.”
Best Hiking Quotes
- “Never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost, and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.” — Ellen DeGeneres
- “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” — Hermann Buhl
- “Hiking and happiness go hand in hand or foot in boot.” — Diane Spicer
- “Hiking—much like drinking—is something that sounds more fun to the uninitiated than it actually is.” — Mindy McGinnis
- “Hiking’s not for everyone. Notice the wilderness is mostly empty.” — Sonja Yoerg
- “Fact: Hiking is actually just walking, only on dirt or rocks or other uneven surfaces. Or walking where an animal larger than you can kill and eat you.” — Brendon Leonard, Semi-Rad
- “Hiking is just walking where it’s okay to pee.” — Demetri Martin
- “Trails are like that: you’re floating along in a Shakespearean Arden paradise and expect to see nymphs and flute boys, then suddenly you’re struggling in a hot broiling sun of hell in dust and nettles and poison oak…just like life.” — Jack Kerouac
- “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” — Frank A. Clarks
- “I like being near the top of a mountain. One can’t get lost here.” — Wislawa Szymborska
- “Hiking is the only slightly less ugly stepsister of running.” — Lindy Hughes
- “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” — Barry Finlay
- “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.” — Ed Viesturs
Funny Instagram Walking Quotes
- “If you are in a bad mood, go for a walk. If you are still in a bad mood, go for another walk.” — Hippocrates
- “I have the European urge to use my feet when a drive can be dispensed with.” — Vladimir Nabokov
- “The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk.” — Jacqueline Schiff
- “Until you walk a mile in another man’s moccasin, you can’t imagine the smell.” — Robert Byrne
- “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” — Beverly Sills
- “There was nowhere to go but everywhere.” — Jack Kerouac
- “Some people walk in the rain; others just get wet.” — Roger Miller
- “My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the heck she is.” — Ellen DeGeneres
- “Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.” — Steven Wright
- 16 Of The Best Things To Do In The Smoky Mountains - December 1, 2023
- Sink Your Teeth Into These 55 Shark Puns - December 1, 2023
- Nature Trails and Countryside Homes: A Traveler’s Guide to Rural Thai Real Estate - December 1, 2023