This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Please see my disclosure.
Mountain quotes are a testament to the majesty and grandeur of these natural wonders. Mountains have inspired countless writers, poets, adventurers, and nature lovers to capture their awe-inspiring beauty in words.
From the towering peaks of the Himalayas to the rugged ranges of the Rockies, mountains have been the subject of countless quotes that capture their spirit, their power, and their beauty.
Just like how Dolly Parton’s quotes inspire her fans, mountain quotes can inspire us to explore, dream, and appreciate the beauty of nature.
These quotes remind us of the strength and resilience required to climb a mountain, both physically and mentally. They encourage us to take risks, challenge ourselves, and never give up, even when the journey seems daunting.
Whether you are a seasoned mountaineer or simply someone who loves the outdoors, these mountain quotes will resonate with you. They capture the spirit of adventure and the love of nature that is so inherent in us all.
Short Mountain Quotes
1. “The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
2. “Going to the mountains is like going home.” – John Muir
3.”You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you.” – John Muir
4. “In the mountains, I go to lose my mind and find my soul.” – John Muir
5. “Every man should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life.” – Werner Herzog
6. “How wild it was to let it be.” – Cheryl Strayed
7. “When preparing to climb a mountain, pack a light heart.” – Dan May
8. “You don’t need missionaries in Colorado; you got Colorado.” – Trey Parker
9. “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Hermann Buhl
10. “Nothing lives long, Only the earth and mountains.” – Dee Brown
11. “Chasing angels or fleeing demons, go to the mountains”– Jeffrey Rasley
12. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery.” -Sylvia Plath
13. “What are men to rocks and mountains?” – Jane Austen
Mountain Captions For Instagram
14. “Hike more. Worry Less.”
15. “Go wild, for a while.”
16. “Wake up, it’s adventure and coffee time.”
17. “Life’s a bit like mountaineering – never look down.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
18. “The top of one mountain is always the bottom of another.” – Marianne Williamson
19. “The most dangerous thing you can do in life is play it safe.’’ – Casey Neistat
20. “Climbing my way to bigger and better things.”
21. “If you need me, you can find me in the mountains.”
22. “Find me where the wild things are.”
23. “Your faith can move mountains and your doubt can create them.” – Swami Vivekananda
24. “All I need is a mountain breeze and tall trees.”
25. “Coffee, Mountains, Adventure”
26. “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.” – Ed Viesturs
Quotes About Mountains
27. “Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity.” – John Muir
28. “Mountains are not stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion.” – Anatoli Boukreev
29. “If the stars should appear one night in a thousand years, how would men believe and adore; and preserve for many generations the remembrance of the city of God which had been shown! But every night come out these envoys of beauty, and light the universe with their admonishing smile.” – Emerson
30. “But the objective, the people ask, the meaning, the goal? There is no meaning, there is no goal. Mountaineering is as meaningless as life itself – and thus its magic will never die.” – Peter Wessel Zapffe
31. “So, if you cannot understand that there is something in man which responds to the challenge of this mountain and goes out to meet it, that the struggle is the struggle of life itself upward and forever upward, then you won’t see why we go. What we get from this adventure is just sheer joy. And joy is, after all, the end of life. We do not live to eat and make money. We eat and make money to be able to enjoy life. That is what life means and what life is for.” ― George Leigh Mallory
32. “Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” ― David McCullough Jr.
33. “If adventure has a final and all-embracing motive, it is surely this: we go out because it is our nature to go out, to climb mountains, and to paddle rivers, to fly to the planets and plunge into the depths of the oceans… When man ceases to do these things, he is no longer man.” – Wilfrid Noyce
34. “If you are faced with a mountain, you have several options. You can climb it and cross to the other side. You can go around it. You can dig under it. You can fly over it. You can blow it up. You can ignore it and pretend it’s not there. You can turn around and go back the way you came. Or you can stay on the mountain and make it your home.” – Vera Nazarian
35. “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books.” – John Lubbock
36. “If you cannot understand that there is something in man which responds to the challenge of this mountain and goes out to meet it, that the struggle is the struggle of life itself upward and forever upward, then you won’t see why we go.” – Edmund Hillary
37. “There’s no glory in climbing a mountain if all you want to do is to get to the top. It’s experiencing the climb itself – in all its moments of revelation, heartbreak, and fatigue – that has to be the goal.” – Karyn Kusama
38. “Climbing has shown me that I am all those things: strong and weak, brave and cowardly, both immune to and at the mercy of the death of death, all at the same time.” — Steve House
39. “The ground we walk on, the plants and creatures, the clouds above constantly dissolving into new formations – each gift of nature possessing its own radiant energy, bound together by cosmic harmony.” – Ruth Bernhard
Elevating Mountain Quotes
40. “It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
41. “No matter how tall the mountain is, it cannot block the sun.” – Chinese Proverb
42. “In a flat country, a hillock thinks itself a mountain.” – Turkish Proverb
43. “Everybody wants to reach the peak, but there is no growth on the top of a mountain. It is in the valley that we slog through the lush grass and rich soil, learning and becoming what enables us to summit life’s next peak.” – Andy Andrews
44. “Mountains know secrets we need to learn. That it might take time, it might be hard, but if you just hold on long enough, you will find the strength to rise up.” – Tyler Knott
45. “When faced with a large project, remember you move a mountain one stone at a time.” – Catherine Pulsifer
46. “The deepest sea has a bottom, the highest mountain has a summit.” – Chinese Proverb
47. “He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary.” – Friedrich Neitszche
48. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
49. “Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So… get on your way!” – Dr. Seuss
50. “Mountains are only a problem when they are bigger than you. You should develop yourself so much that you become bigger than the mountains you face.” – Idowu Koyenikan
51. “Success comes to those who have an entire mountain of gold that they continually mine, not those who find one nugget and try to live on it for fifty years.” – John C. Maxwell
Funny Mountain Quotes And Puns
52. “Sometimes, you just need to change your altitude.”
53. “Until further notice, assume that we’re peaking.”
54. “Enjoying life in the snow lane.”
55. “Don’t get your slopes up.”
56. “There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.” – Sir Rannulph Fiennes
57. “Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill.” – John Fox
58. “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a lift pass.”
59. “Sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world.”
60. “There is no wifi in the mountains, but I promise you will find a better connection.”
61. “A mountain’s favorite band is Range Against the Machine.”
62. “Mount your blessings.”
63. “Don’t sweat the tall stuff.”
64. “It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out; it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.”
65. Why can’t you play hide and seek with mountains? They always peak!
66. What’s the smartest mountain in the world? Mount Cl-Everest.
67. You should dress warmly in the Andes. That place is Chile.
68. What’s funnier: mountain ranges or forests? Mountains, of course- they’re hill-areas.
69. How do mountains hear? Thanks to mountain-ears, duh.
70. How about the most dangerous mountain in the world? Kill-a-man-jaro.
71. Why did the boy soon stop trying to grab the mountain fog? Because he always mist.
72. How do you solve a math problem at the top of a mountain? Just sum it.
73. Why did the vain man love mountain plateaus so much? They offered the highest kind of flattery.
74. What do you call a flock of sweeping falling down a mountain? A lamb slide.
75. What’s a world-famous rock group with 4 guys that don’t sing? Mount Rushmore.
76. Why do pirates steer clear of mountain roads? ‘Scurvy!
77. What do you call a giant hill made of kittens? A meow-tain.
- The Transformative Power Of Travel In College Life - November 28, 2023
- Sink Your Teeth Into These 55 Shark Puns - November 27, 2023
- 11 of the Coolest and Most Unique Airbnb Gatlinburg Options - November 4, 2023