Is sustainability important to you? Are you here to learn more about sustainability? You’ve come to the right place. Sustainability is :
avoidance of the depletion of natural resources in order to maintain an ecological balance.
When I first went vegan, it was purely for ethical reasons. I did it solely for the animals and I’m happy with that reason. It’s probably the only reason that would have made me do something so drastic. However, once I went vegan and started absorbing every new piece of literature, every new documentary and gathering every piece of information I could about veganism, I started learning the other reasons : health (super important as well!) and environment. And, thus, my road to being more sustainable was born. Sustainable can also be referred to as responsible, ethical and eco-friendly. In my opinion, these are all interchangeable terms. I want this page to be an ever-growing resource of sustainable tips and how to’s, eco-friendly lodging reviews, ethical fashion, tips on staying local and much more. Make sure to check back often as this space will continue to grow!
See below for different categories with my favorite posts below or click on each picture for all the posts associated with that particular topic.
Check this space for the best tips + how-tos of being sustainable whether at home or while traveling.
- Why I’m Vegan and How it’s Beneficial for Everyone
- 10 Easy Ways to Ditch Plastic at Home or on the Road
- Zero Waste Gifts // Gift Ideas for the Sustainable Traveler
- Everything You Need to Know About a Zero Waste Period (& Why It’s the Best Thing for Traveling and the Environment!)
- Be More Green at Home with This Ultimate Guide to Zero Waste Swaps
- How to Reduce Your Water Footprint
- 9 Zero Waste Podcasts to Listen to If You Want to Be More Sustainable
Check here for reviews on eco-friendly lodging all around the world!
- A Sustainable Guide to NYC (including where to stay)
- Drift Away Eco Lodge in Costa Rica
- A Sustainable Guide to New Orleans (including where to stay)
- Why Housesitting is the Perfect Sustainable Accommodation
Traveling to a new place should mean putting your dollars back into the locals and not big corporations. Check back for more tips on staying, eating and shopping locally.
- Foraging for Wild Edibles in Asheville
- What is Sustainable Travel? (coming soon!)
- A Sustainable Travel Guide to New York City
- Industry City | Brooklyn’s Up and Coming Neighborhood
- Experience Mesa Arizona Like a Local
- Responsible Travel Guide to Kathmandu, Nepal
- A Sustainable Travel Guide to San Diego, California
- A Sustainable Travel Guide to Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- A Sustainable Travel Guide to New Orleans, Louisiana
Fast Fashion is a big problem – one of the top leading contributes to carbon emissions. You can reduce your carbon footprint more by what you wear than by transportation.
- Sustainable Fashion + Why You Should Care
- Lace Up in One of These 11 Vegan Hiking Boots
- 17+ Vegan Backpack Brands for Travel & Everyday Use