This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Please see my disclosure.
It’s no wonder that waterfalls have been the subject of countless works of art and literature throughout history, including inspiring some truly memorable waterfall quotes.
Waterfalls are one of nature’s most captivating and awe-inspiring wonders. With their powerful rush of water cascading down rocks and cliffs, they inspire a sense of wonder and appreciation for the beauty of the natural world.
Quotes about waterfalls capture the essence of these stunning natural phenomena, offering insights into their power and beauty. Whether you’re a nature enthusiast, an adventure seeker, or simply someone who appreciates the majesty of the natural world, these quotes are sure to stir your soul and ignite your sense of wonder.
Whether you’re looking for inspiration for your next adventure or simply want to reflect on the beauty of the world around you, these quotes are a perfect way to connect with the power and majesty of nature.
Use these quotes for Instagram captions on Waterfall Wednesday, for your next tattoo, or just to strike some inspiration.
1. “Water does not resist. Water flows. When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress. Water is not a solid wall, it will not stop you. But water always goes where it wants to go, and nothing, in the end, can stand against it. Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone. Remember that, my child. Remember you are half water. If you can’t go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does.” – Margaret Atwood
2. “When you’re young, there’s so much that you can’t take in. It’s pouring over you like a waterfall. When you’re older, it’s less intense, but you’re able to reach out and drink it. I love being older.” – Sigourney Weaver
3. “A waterfall happily and cheerfully flows in nature; there is happiness only if there is freedom.” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
4. “Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
5. “It was more than just the gentle tumble of the waterfall, or the wind or the sound of birds. It was much, much more he knew. He looked about him and he knew he had found what he had been looking for.” – Michael Delaware
6. “No matter how powerful a waterfall is, it cannot be heard from far away because all waterfalls are local. If you want the whole world to hear you, take a universal position where all can see you, just like the Moon, just like the Sun.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
7. “We say that life is sweet, its satisfactions deep. All this we say, as we sleepwalk our time through years of days and nights. We let time cascade over us like a waterfall, believing it to be never-ending. Yet each day that touches us, and every man in the world is unique, irredeemable; over. And just another Monday.” – Josephine Hart
8. “When you are outpouring your emotions, it is like me trying to climb up a waterfall. To get to you. But if you are calm and have faith in me, I can sail right over to you. On the still waters of your soul.” – Kate McGahan
9. “Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” – Hermann Hesse
10. “Another way to look at meditation is to view thinking itself as a waterfall, a cascading of thought. In cultivating mindfulness, we are going beyond or behind our thinking, much the way you might find a vantage point in a cave or depression in the rock behind a waterfall. We still see and hear the water, but we are out of the torrent.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
11. “And when you hear the sound of the waterfall coming nearer and nearer, tidy up the boat, put on your best tie and hat, and smoke a cigar right up till the moment you go over. That’s a triumph.” – Ray Bradbury
12. “We are all naturally seekers of wonders. We travel far to see the majesty of old ruins, the venerable forms of the hoary mountains, great waterfalls, and galleries of art. And yet the world’s wonder is all around us; the wonder of setting suns, and evening stars, of the magic spring-time, the blossoming of the trees, the strange transformations of the moth.” – Albert Pike
Short Waterfall Quotes
13. “Water is the driving force of all nature.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
14. “When water falls, it flies.” – Anthony T. Hincks
15. “The waterfall winks at every passerby.” – Marty Rubin
16. “Surrender to the flow.” – Mike Gordon
17. “There’s a waterfall of content that you’re missing out on.” – Steve Chen
18. “Tell your dream to the waterfall.” – Sellâle
19. “Every teardrop is a waterfall.” – Coldplay
20. “The water tells none of its secrets.” -Nikos Engonopoulos
21. “Just let go – and fall like a little waterfall.” – Bob Ross
22. “Run wild and free like a waterfall.”- Anamika Mishra
23. “The idea is that flowing water never goes stale, so just keep on flowing.”- Bruce Lee
24. “Do not feel sad for your tears, as rocks never regret the waterfalls.”- Munia Khan
25. “Waterfalls wouldn’t sound so melodious if there were no rocks in their way.”- Rishabh Gautam
26. “For an instant, silence, noisier than a waterfall.”- Salman Rushdie
27. “Human nature is like water. It takes the shape of its container.” – Wallace Stevens
28. “They say that people who live next to waterfalls don’t hear the water.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
29. “Nothing is softer or more flexible than water, yet nothing can resist it.” – Lao Tzu
30. “Sometimes, it’s hard to tell how fast the current’s moving until you’re headed over a waterfall.” — Kimberly McCreight
31. “Be soft in your practice. Think of the method as a fine silvery stream, not a raging waterfall.” – Sheng-yen
32. “A waterfall is concerned only with being itself, not with doing something it considers waterfall-like.”- Vernon Howard
33. “Always be like a water. Float in the times of pain or dance like waves along the wind which touches its surface.”- Santosh Kalwar
34. “The fall of dropping water wears away the stone.” – Lucretius
35. “Drink the waters meant to drown you.” – Nelou Keramati
36. This view is gorges!
37. Watery waiting for? Just jump in!
38. I fell in love with the waterfalls pretty rapid-ly.
39. Let’s make some pour decisions!
40. This river is too mainstream.
41. Waterfalls are nature’s waterslide.
42. Sorry, TLC. I chased the waterfall.
43. It’s all downhill from here.
44. I would caption this with a waterfall pun, but that’s too main-stream.
45. Water you looking at?
46. You are mist!
47. I’m not going to water this down for you.
48. Let’s make some pour decisions.
49. Live Streaming. Literally.
50. Why do hot air balloons use burners and not steam? Because Fireflies and Waterfalls
51. Water you up to today? I’m just chasing this waterfall.
52. What did the sea say to the river? You can run, but you can’t tide.
53. What do you call a dried up waterfall? Water fell.
54. What do waterfalls take when they have erectile dysfunction? Niagara.
55. What’s the opposite of a waterfall? A firefly.
56. Have you heard about the three holes in the ground? Well, well, well…
Funny Waterfall Quotes
57. “When God takes a shower, waterfalls come to life around the world. When I take a shower, my hair usually clogs the drain.” – Anthony T. Hincks
58. “You don’t always get the waterfall shortcut in Mario Kart. That’s life.” ― Jack Barakat
59. “Canoe + Waterfall = I don’t go camping anymore.” – Demetri Martin
60. “You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him participate in synchronized diving.” – Cuthbert Soup
61. “In America, one sure sign of success is the presence of an unnecessary waterfall in a person’s yard.” ― Demetri Martin
Waterfall Captions for Instagram
62. Water is the cure to everything.
63. New day, new waterfall.
64. Go with the flow.
65. Life is better under a waterfall.
66. Welcome to the jungle.
67. From the waterfall, with love.
68. I’m in a good place right now. Not emotionally, I’m just exploring a waterfall.
69. Today’s good mood is brought to you by this waterfall.
70. Powered by sunshine.
71. Chase waterfalls, not people.
72. Waterfalls are my therapy.
73. Waterfalls are pure magic.
74. I think I’ll just park myself under this waterfall and call it a day.
75. A big waterfall makes you realize how tiny you and your problems are.
- 10 Tips For a Comfortable Eco-Friendly Hiking Trip - September 19, 2023
- Ways To Reduce Your Carbon Footprint At Home And Abroad - September 19, 2023
- Coming To Las Vegas? Here’s Some Casino Etiquette You Will Want To Know In Advance - September 12, 2023