This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Please see my disclosure.
It may not be healthy, but surprisingly finding vegan candy isn’t all that difficult. Nowadays, there are also more and more candy brands that are vegan.
Common Ingredients to Avoid
Obviously, vegan candy doesn’t include dairy ingredients, but there are some ingredients to avoid that you may not even realize are not vegan.
- Gelatin – is often found in gummies and is one of the most common candy ingredients that are not vegan. Gelatin is made from animal tendons, ligaments, and bones that are boiled into liquid form.
- Dairy – is not only labeled as “milk.” It also can be found in the form of milkfat, whey, or casein.
- Shellac – is also known as “confectioner’s glaze.” It is created using the excretions of insects.
- Carmine – is found mostly in bright red products. It’s a pigment made by crushing the shell of a female cochineal insect. Can also be labeled as “cochineal extract” or “Natural Red 4.”
Vegan Candy That You’re Safe To Snack On
Ingredients can change at any time, so it’s best to always check the label.
2. Swedish Fish (double check label; some flavors contain beeswax)
3. Airheads (not Airheads Bites)
6. Laffy Taffy
7. Brach’s Orange Slices
10. Mamba Fruit Chews
11. Red Vines
12. Sour Patch Kids
13. Haribo Sour S’ghetti Gummi Candy
14. Now and Later
15. Jolly Ranchers (hard candy only)
16. SweeTARTS (only the original form)
17. Smarties (US only)
18. Brach’s Cinnamon Hard Candy
20. Atomic FireBalls
Other Vegan Candy
- The Transformative Power Of Travel In College Life - November 28, 2023
- Sink Your Teeth Into These 55 Shark Puns - November 27, 2023
- 11 of the Coolest and Most Unique Airbnb Gatlinburg Options - November 4, 2023