This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Please see my disclosure.
Things We’re Glad We Took + Things We Wish We Had Taken to Bonnaroo
I think I drove Kaleb insane between the two weeks of when I found out we were going to Bonnaroo and actually getting there. I obsessed and analyzed our packing list (good thing for us I did!) and then I boasted about how awesome I did once we got there. I’ve already spilled on our best tips + tricks to help you survive Bonnaroo and now I’m going to let you in on the things we’re glad we took + things we wish we had taken to Bonnaroo.
Things We’re Glad We Took
- Fans – I bought two small (only $5!) battery operated fans for us to have in our truck bed at night. These things were one of the best decisions I made!
- Solar Lights – Not necessary but we loved having them. They really made out campsite ambiance, if you will while also giving off some much needed light at night. Also, made it a bit easier to see our tent from further away and I’d imagine would deter thieves just a tad more than having zero light.
- Citronella Candles – no one likes mosquitos but they LOVE me. Also, another form of light at night and they just smell good!
- Canopy Tent – don’t go to Bonnaroo without one! They keep the blistering sun off your tent or truck bed. They block rain from ruining your campsite. And, they give you an extra touch of privacy – just get the kind with detachable walls or hang tarps/tapestries on the sides. Also, I’d imagine deter thieves more than having nothing covering your belongings.
- Tie-Dye Sheet – I tie-dyed a queen size sheet and used it as one of our walls on our canopy tent. It really set a certain mood and we loved having it!
- Baby Wipes – I couldn’t have done 5 days with no shower without them. Enough said.
Our camp setup. I’d say for a Bonnaroo first timer, I did things just about perfectly. sleeping in the bed of the truck was a brilliant idea! #Bonnaroo #ReadytoRoo #camping #festivals #tennessee #asoutherngypsy
A photo posted by Ashley Hubbard (@asoutherngypsy) on
Things We We Wish We Had Taken
- Kiddie Pool – nope, not joking. We thought about this once there and actually saw one campsite with one. Would be an amazing way to spend those extremely hot afternoon hours. Plus a good way to get some dirt and grime off of you.
- Boxed Fan – while our little fans were amazing, a big boxed fan would have been even better!
- Dry Ice – Our ice lasted a good while in our coolers but we did have to replenish on Saturday. Dry Ice would have kept longer.
- ENO Hammock – I didn’t take it because I thought there wouldn’t be anywhere to hang it up but there are actually several places to do so – it just won’t be right at your campsite.
- More campsite activities – games, etc.
- More fun things like ‘Buddy the Elf’ below! One of my favorite things was to walk around and see how the ridiculous camp decor!
- 11 Songs About Nashville That Perfectly Capture The Highs And Lows - January 18, 2023
- 5 Vegan Restaurants In Florida To Hit Up On Your Next Road Trip - January 17, 2023
- Spice Things Up With These Vegan Hot Sauce Options - January 13, 2023