This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Please see my disclosure.
My Southeast Asia Packing List
I leave for Southeast Asia on Tuesday and to say my nerves are at an all-time high would be an understatement. Since I decided from the beginning that I wanted to travel with carry-on luggage only, I’ve been agonizing over every detail that goes on my packing list.
I’ve re-packed and changed things so many times, but I can’t really do that anymore. Everything I’m taking is fitting into my REI 40L bag and my 15L Pacsafe daypack. I’m also taking an across-the-body purse. While I’m on the plane, it will be packed away since I can only have 2 items, but once I’m there it will hold my camera equipment and wallet for two reasons : so my daypack isn’t so crammed and so my money and camera equipment is easy to get to without having to take my daypack off and on my back a million times.
- 4 tank tops
- 2 long sleeved shirts
- 1 long sleeved button up shirt
- 1 maxi skirt
- 2 dresses (1 maxi, 1 knee-length)
- 1 pair of shorts
- 1 pair of Columbia trekking pants
- 1 pair of sports leggings
- 1 pair of long comfy pants
- 1 lightweight rain jacket
- 2 pairs of socks
- 3 pairs of ExOfficio underwear
- 3 bras (2 sports, 1 regular)
- 1 swimsuit
- 1 pair of Cheeks sandals (amazing for my extremely flat feet)
- 1 pair of trekking shoes with my orthopedic insoles in them.
- 1 scarf
- 1 zip-up hoodie
- eBags used to pack all my clothing in – I used 2 of the medium sized ones.
- Lush solid shampoo
- First aid kit (band-aids, painkillers)
- Diva Cup
- Basic makeup (concealer, foundation, mascara, lipgloss)
- Razor and plenty of cartridges
- Bug Spray
- Lemongrass Oil (for occasional pain I get in my knee and side)
- Peppermint Oil (for my migraines)
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Floss, Mouthwash
- Plenty of bobby pins and hair ties
- Tiger Balm
- Face Cream
- Small brush
- 1 microfiber towel
- 1 pacsafe bag protector
- Kryptonie combination light with LED light
- Business cards from Moo.
- Star Wars figurines (photo props)
- Small dry-erase board (photo prop)
- Small Crystal Ball (photo prop-not pictured)
- Journal and pens
- Raincover for backpack
- Laundry soapsheets for when I do laundry in the sink myself
- Ear Plugs
- 13-inch Macbook Pro and charger
- Kindle and charger
- Canon T3i and charger with Pacsafe Camera Strap
- 3 lenses
- 2 camera batteries
- SD cards in case
- Wireless remote for camera
- Go Pro Hero 3+ and charger
- 3 Go Pro batteries
- 2 32GB Micro SD Cards
- Red filter & flotation attachment for underwater activities
- Head mount for zip-lining, horseback riding, etc.
- Monopod for Go Pro and Smartphone (not pictured)
- Unlocked iPhone 5s and charger
- Belkin power strip/surge protector
- Universal converter
- Portable Phone Charger
- Gear Ties to keep all my cords organized – these things are cheap and awesome!
- Pacsafe wallet
- Driver’s License
- Charles Schwab Debit Card (this is a great bank/card to use for budgeting for Southeast Asia)
- Chase Sapphire Prefered Credit Card
- Travel Insurance
What do you think? Is there anything else you think I’m missing for my Southeast Asia packing list?
- 11 Songs About Nashville That Perfectly Capture The Highs And Lows - January 18, 2023
- 5 Vegan Restaurants In Florida To Hit Up On Your Next Road Trip - January 17, 2023
- Spice Things Up With These Vegan Hot Sauce Options - January 13, 2023